Friday, April 19, 2013

"Cling to God through Prayer"

I don't think there is anyone who needs God's help
and grace as much as I do. Sometimes I feel so
helpless and weak. I think that is why God uses me.
Because I cannot depend on my own strength, 
I rely on him 24 hours a day. If the day had even more
hours, then I would need his help and 
grace during those hours as well. 
All of us must cling to God through prayer.

My secret is very simple: I pray. 
Through prayer I become one in love with Christ.
 I realize that praying to him is loving him.

In reality, there is only one true prayer, 
only one substantial prayer: Christ himself.   
There is only one voice that rises above the face
of the earth: the voice of Christ.
Perfect prayer does not consist in many words,
but in the fervor of the desire which raises the heart to Jesus.

Love to pray. Feel the need to pray often during the day.
Prayer changes the heart until it is capable of 
containing God's gift of himself.
Ask and seek and your heart will grow big
enough to receive him and keep him as your own.

Mother Teresa of Calcutta



No comments: