Sunday, March 17, 2013

"The Way of the Cross" 1

The First Station of the Cross
   
JESUS IS CONDEMNED TO DEATH

Again the high priest began to ask him, and said to him,
"Are you the Christ, the Son of the Blessed One?"
And Jesus said to him, 
"I am.
 And you shall see the Son of Man 
sitting at the right hand of the Power
 and coming with the clouds of heaven."
But the high priest tore his garments and said,
"What further need have we of witnesses?
You have heard the blasphemy.
What do you think?"
And they all condemned him as liable to death.
Mark 14:61-64




P.S. Recently I decided to take pictures of all the Stations of the Cross at church. This proved to be quite an undertaking as I am really just a point and shoot photographer...no real skills at all!
I found out quickly that it was going to be impossible to capture the depth of our Lord's Passion through my camera lens. 
But I continued on my mission...realizing that
 what started as a simple idea had became a wonderful challenge! Over the course of several weeks I took hundreds of pictures from many angles and heights... back and forth to church taking picture after picture! No, I never caught the depth of Christ's sacrifice through my lens, but for this Easter season, 
I would like to share my work with you...
one Station at a time over the next fourteen days.

**Also, each of the Stations pictured were refurbished by 
Mr. Carver Gordon, a devout member of 
Annunciation of Our Lord Catholic Church.

1 comment:

Kelly Aldridge said...

Excited about your stations series! Really neat, Mom!