Sunday, February 3, 2013

Christy Jordan


Last July jabo and I went to The Blue Plate Cafe in Huntsville
and had the opportunity to meet Christy Jordan of Southern Plate.
She was their celebrity host and helped them raise money for the
 Manna House in Huntsville.
Christy has a wonderful website that I have been following
for over a year...check out SouthernPlate.com... 
her recipes are amazing and she always offers genuine encouragement!
Her Southern Hoe Cake is amazing...a must
for any meal but we personally
love her soup recipes such as Chicken Stew,
Shortcut Senate Bean Soup, and
Ground Beef Stew just to name a few!
Christy has been featured in Southern Living,
(I am still vowing to make the entire meal that she shared
in that issue...someday!),
she has worked with Paula Deen, has published her first book,
and was a judge for a cooking show called Beat the Chefs.
She is also a contributing editor of Taste of the South magazine.
It was such a pleasure to meet Christy, she is as sweet and kind
as I expected her to be and of course, I loved it when
she told jabo that he had "married up"...I know the truth though,
I am the one that "married up"!
It was such a fun evening and I wish
all the best to Christy.
Christy Jordan and Patty S. Whatley


                              



No comments: